Here's a quilt I finished up this week. The client asked for modern quilting designs, so no feathers found here, but I did mix it up with modern and a few traditional quilting designs.
She used a pieced backing with several large rectangles. Which looks great, but created an issue with a baggy backing. I was able to keep puckers from occuring up until the outer border and there was no "quilting it out" without being a contortionist to view the backing while quilting. Here's the problem child piece....
My fix; I removed it from the frame, ripped out one of the seams and restitched it to take up the slack. Then it was reframed and quilted beautifully! No puckers here! 😊 While time consuming, it worked wonderfully!
Not completely sure why this occured, but two things pop into mind. 1. the pieced rectangles weren't entirely square. 2. the seams were not pieced parallel to the quilting frame. Just food for thought.
While it had it's challenges, I think it turned out beautifully!