Mary's Linen and silk

My friend, Mary comes to me with a picture and asks "can you make this?" Well, Of Course! Which lead us to the most hilarious shopping adventure one afternoon, and one I won't be forgetting soon! While we were shopping she asked "Do you need string?" referring to thread, I nearly peed my pants laughing so hard!!! With linen and silk radiance in hand I created this quilt, inspired by a magazine photo.  Quilting it was a blast, I got to do whatever I wanted wherever I wanted! I used Superior Threads Microquilter 100wt and it quilted up beautifully! Also, for the first time I used facing instead of binding for finishing, a little tricky but certainly a technique I will use again.

Thanks for the memory Mary!




Thanks for stopping by!
have a wonderful day
Sue

Comments