Madison College Modern Quilt Gallery

Recently I entered a quilt into the Madison College Modern Quilt Gallery exhibition, "Quilt Making: A Modern Practice".  Displaying quilts from January 11th to February 19th.

I'm sure many of you will recognize the pattern "Science Fair" by Jaybird Quilts.  Very cool to be in the window.


Here's a couple of pictures with a close up of the quilting. Single layer Hobbs 80/20 and Superior threads So Fine 50 and Fantastico variegated thread (a multicolored trilobal) that is very pretty!  Freemotion hand guided quilting (no computerized patterns here!)



I entered this exhibit in hopes of motivating younger artists to see quilts and fabric as a real medium for design.

The exhibit did not disappoint, many beautiful quilts with wonderful stories! Take a look....



Haha! reminds me of my trip to Colorado with my sister last summer! :)



 Love the panto quilting on this quilt...



Comments