We have a Winner! Black and White Skully Challenge

OMG! I can't believe Michelle and I won!!! How exciting! This was Michelle's first real sewing project and to have it take a winning spot is awesome!

I'm amazed at the 20 year olds who have no idea how to sew, let alone stitch a seam or button! There have been several articles written on how to get younger women involved in arts/crafting and when the Black and White Skully challenge appeared it fit the bill perfectly! My niece, Michelle, is 23 years old and this is the first time she has ever worked on a sewing project :)  When I told her we won, she was so excited and already knew what she wanted to make with the fabric winnings! 

Thank you Maddie from BadAss Quilters Society for hosting this challenge! check it out at:
http://www.badassquilterssociety.com/we-have-a-winner-black-and-white-badass-skully-challenge/


Comments

  1. Congratulations to your niece, Michelle!! I voted for her quilt - it is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! This is awesome. I loved this piece when I looked at all of the entries, just has a certain feel to it. (I voted for it too.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment