Journey to the Stars featured in.....

Wow! I am very excited to see the magazine Machine Quilting Unlimited Sept/Oct 2014 issue.  For those of you who may not know, I pieced a quilt entitled, "Journey to the Stars", based on Judy Mathieson's Bristol Stars.  At this time I had not yet purchased my longarm machine and sent it off to be quilted by a local longarmer.  She had the quilt for several months and due to unforeseen life events was unable to even begin quilting.  At her request, I retrieved my quilt and went in search of another professional longarm quilter and was fortunate in finding Margaret Solomon Gunn via her web site mainelyquiltsoflove.com.  She does absolutely beautiful work as you can see!  She recently submitted her article "Finding Your Feather" to Machine Quilting Unlimited and included several pictures of quilts and feather quilting.  She was gracious in including my "Journey to the Stars"!

My personal feeling of this quilt is another story....it was definitely a love/hate project (and still is).  Currently residing on a shelf with no plans for use or show, but serving as a reminder that beauty can be borne from hardship. 

If your reading this, Margaret....Thank you from the bottom of my heart.







Comments

  1. Hi Sue,
    I have been admiring your Journey to The Stars quilt.
    I would love to buy a copy off the pattern if you ever decide to produce one.
    It is one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen.
    Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry! I don't have any plans to produce a pattern on this one but you can check out Judy Mathieson's book on compass quilts and recreate her Bristol Stars.

      Delete

Post a Comment