deforest quilt guild fabric challenge

A few months back I received a floral print fat quarter with the challenge to make a quilt.  While I appreciate a beautifully pieced quilt with floral fabric, it's not a fabric that I'm naturally drawn toward, so this is definitely a "challenge"


 
 
I looked into my stash and was able to come up with a few fabric choices to compliment the fat quarter.  


And this is the outcome...
Honestly, this was so cobbled together! I barely had enough fabric to complete this 60x60 top.  I have long admired Rhianon Taylor's fabric flowers and I had just enough of the floral fat quarter to make one.  It turned out rather nicely and will now find it's place in the center of this quilt.  You can check out Rhianon's blog #The Nifty Sticher at http://rhianontaylor.blogspot.com/
 

Comments