Quilt painting!!!

I had always planned on painting Jamaican Me Crazy.  I saw Rochelle Stibb's painted quilt "Syzygy" at the 2011 Wi Quilt Expo and was quickly introduced, by the good vendors, to Jacquard Lumiere paints. Awesome paint!  After much procrastination, I summoned the courage to put paint on the quilt....and I love it! (It calls out the hippee artist in me)  However, I had no idea how time consuming this would be, this may take awhile..but here's a sneak peak at what I've accomplished so far...




and my crazy center...I really don't exactly know what I'm doing with this. It's texture magic which is kinda cool stuff, but I'm not real sure on how to secure it through all the quilt layers, right now it has beads, but I may rethink this and do something different...idk...whatever....

.

Comments