This past weekend was AQS DesMoines Quilt Show, I was honored to be chosen and amongst all those talented quilters.  Here's a picture of my quilt "Journey to the Stars".  I was inspired by Judy Mathieson's "Bristol Stars" pattern and I had it longarm quilted by Margaret Solomon Gunn ( she did spectacular! You can see her other beautiful quilts at mainlyquiltsoflove.com.)  Anyway I was quite pleased to see my quilt hanging at the beginning of a row (so much exposure!) I met Jean Clark, what an awesome lady, she actually took 3rd for her quilt entitled "Scarlet Fever" She said this quilt took her 29 months to complete!  (I would love to post a picture of it, but I read somewhere at the show that pictures could not be posted to personal sites without owner permission, which I failed to obtain...so perhaps you can see it at the AQS site). And I met Cindy Ladig and her mother Vivien, both very fun people.  Cindy's quilt was a special gift honoring her mother and fathers 50th wedding anniversary, entitled "Golden Anniversary" which by the way she took Viewers Choice for at the 2011 NQS Show.  I told her to make another great quilt so she and I could go kick up our heels at Houston!..  :)



This next quilt I feel safe in posting since it is shown on the AQS website, it's Eureka! and what a gorgeous quilt, great color movement, wonderfully quilted and sparkled with crystals everywhere! A very inspiring quilt. (this picture just doesn't do it justice)  It won Best of Show, by Marilyn Badger of Saint George, UT


Comments